This policy was last updated on 23 May 2018
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations
- I am performing a contract with you for my services; and
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Lorna Fergusson, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy.
1 Personal Data I collect via my website Fictionfire Press
Personal Data that you provide to me
Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign up to receive free content, videos and offers – data collected: name, email address
Data collected automatically
Certain data is collected automatically when you visit the Website, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider. This information is not linked to any Personal Data.
2 Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly I use your Personal Data to:
- Process and manage your use of my website
- Respond to your questions, comments and requests
- Where you have opted in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications which are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you
- Improve my services and Website through analysis of information
3 Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
If I meet you at an event and you provide me with your name and email address/other contact details on the understanding that I will sign you up to my blog or newsletter you will receive an email asking you to confirm that you want to join the lists.
4 Keeping your Personal Data secure
I will take measures to ensure your Personal Data is safeguarded, including by the use of password protected computer, website and social media accounts. If any compromise to security were to take place I would notify you at the earliest opportunity, seek advice and take steps to follow that advice immediately.
5 Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
I will use and store your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary, reviewing the Personal Data I hold at regular intervals. If you have subscribed to my blog or newsletter but you do not open my emails, I may delete your Personal Data. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions at the foot of every blogpost/newsletter I send.
6 Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email@example.com or via my postal address:
- See what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to
- Ask me to change/correct your Personal Data
- Ask me to delete your Personal Data
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data
- Ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- Withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data
8 Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9 Links to other websites
My website, blog posts and newsletters may contain links to other websites. Once you use these links you will leave my website. I am not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Please exercise caution and always read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. I bear no liability for your experience of other websites.
10 Contact me
Contact me at Lorna Fergusson, email firstname.lastname@example.org , address 110 Oxford Road, Oxford OX3 0RD